Pages

Monday 23 December 2013

Mini make-overs

When my little sister and I were quite a bit younger we used to play out in the street with all our neighbours kids. I have lots of happy memories of building forts with giant umbrellas, climbing trees, and tobogganing down the massive hill together on skateboards.
I don't often get to see them any more as I'm away for Uni for most of the year and they're all busy with their own lives or have moved away, but little Lauren loves the fact I'm now a make-up artist and when I'm home she's excited to hear all about what I've been up to at Uni, and jumps at the opportunity to play with my make-up.

When I last saw Lauren in the summer she told me she was visiting the Aquarium the next day, so we had some fun making some mermaid nails for her which she said all her friends loved, and Galaxy nails for myself.



Last Friday I had the pleasure of spending the evening with Lauren again and her friend Megan who has moved to our street within the last few years. I did a smokey eyed look on both of them, and then Lauren did my make-up afterwards, I think she did an awesome job!

I did the same basic look on both Lauren and Megan. I used my Arbonne brush set to apply, they didn't need any foundation or concealer as they have lovely skin. For the eyes I used a base colour of Arbonne's Festive Eyeshadow Pencil in Silver Bell, and highlighted with Illamasqua's Pure Pigment powder in Breathe. I contoured with Urban Decay's Naked eyeshadow palette in Naked and used Gunmetal on the outer corners, I used Collection's Eyeliner Pen in Black and a coat from both Triple Action and It's A Long Story mascaras by Arbonne. I also used Arbonne's blush in Apricot, lined the lips with a red pencil and filled it in with Rimmel London Kate collection lipstick in 110, and finished it off with Arbonne's lipstick in Runway Rouge.

This is the make-up Lauren did on me, It's not how I would usually do my make-up but I love letting other people put some on for me to see how they do it differently. I love the thin liner, I think it looks very subtle and pretty with the statement red lips. Thanks Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment