Pages

Thursday 9 January 2014

Christmas day with The Shorts

I thought it was about time I shared my Christmas with you! I know It's all pretty much over now, but I still have a few cards on display in my room and that's a good enough excuse for me. Anyway, on with the story!

We all have our own family Christmas traditions which make Christmas day feel homey. Our family wake up and gather in mum and dad's room with our two cats, where dad then brings in Champagne and Salmon for him and mum (yuk!). Then we get ourselves ready for the day, my sister and I do each other's make-up, and then we all re-meet in the lounge where we open the presents. After a delicious Christmas lunch, we all go out onto the moors or around the neighbourhood to walk off our massive food babies, before coming back home for films and a cosy evening by the open fire. Bliss. 

My sister and I (being 17 and 21 now) are a bit old for believing in Santa, but that still doesn't stop us getting a stocking! My mum used to love making them up for us, she'd collect bits and bobs throughout the year and 'hide' it all on top of her wardrobe, her idea of thinking is that if we couldn't see it looking in, it wasn't there, but we always knew really. One of her favourite traditions is to put oranges, walnuts and chocolate coins in our stockings, but I can remember my sister and I unwrapping our presents as teenagers to find odd things such as a yoyo and a bag of marbles...

These were all my Christmas presents, JUST mine! :O
As much as we love our mum, we decided to take over ourselves and create stockings for each other from then on. We were so excited for Christmas 2013, because it was the first year my sister and I would have our boyfriends over for the day, so we ended up making a stocking each for them too (I say stocking, but they were actually just giant gift bags).

Because of this, we all went a leeetle bit overboard and spoiled each other rotten!
Considering we had the boys over as well we decided to do things a bit differently this year. Tom (my boyfriend) was already here for breakfast, so mum and dad made the three of them salmon and scrambled egg on toast - which Tom has now decided is the best thing ever - and my sister and I had the same..but without the salmon.

Tom enjoying his breakfast :)


We then went out for a drive and a walk before opening the presents, so that we could pick up Claire's boyfriend, Adam, on the way.




All squeezed into the car with Adam
Mum, Claire, Adam, Tom and Dad playing with pebbles by the water front.
Mum, Claire, me and Tom

Tom battling his way through the branches of a fallen tree









The weather took a turn for the worse and we all got a bit wet and muddy, so we decided to head back home to the warmth and discover the delights under the Christmas tree.







I got some fluffy slipper socks :)
Tom got some Arbonne cologne
Adam and Claire got matching flavoured milk straws
   

...and we lost Claire to her new phone for a bit.
 
Our Christmas dinner was so delicious that I was too distracted to take a picture of the food, oops! But here's a "before" of the table all nicely laid out.
Dad well and truly full after his dinner! :P


 In the evening we played some games together, before snuggling up in front of a roaring fire to watch films.

I hope you had a Christmas as lovely as ours, whether you were with family or friends or both. Merry belated Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment